CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 4, 2008

slacking and lack of deals

I have been slacking lately, and I apologize. There have been a few deals in the past few weeks that I haven't blogged about, but are now over. :( if it makes you feel better, there was only one deal this week, and I screwed it up anyway. A screaming munchkin can do that to you!

But if you're able to before sunday. . .go to WALGREENS

Their JUMBO (not mega, those are the ones that I bought) packs of diapers are on sale for $5.99 a pack. There's a coupon in their easy saver catalog (at the front of the store, by the weekly ads) for $5 off 2 packs. Their ad for this week, buy 3 of any participating items (jumbo pack diapers, children's motin/tylanol, desitin, formula, and johnsons lotion/body wash) and get $5 RR (register reward--aka--coupon for $5 off your next purchase)

soooo. . .that comes to $17 for 3 packs of diapers, the coupon takes $5 off, (now $12) and then you get $5 to use on your next purchase. Ends up at $7 for three packs of diapers. I don't know the count on the diapers. I''m guess around thirty? (the megas I bought had around 50) either way, $7 for 90 diapers?? I'm not so good at math, but that's less than $.10 a diaper.

Pretty darn good deal.

Or stock up on the johnson's wash and desitin and give them away as gifts! There's also a coupon in the ESC for the desitin ($1 off, not much)

as for grocery deals. . .Smith's apparently has 5lb bag of grated cheese on sale for $9.99 That's an awesome price for cheese!! I buy my 5lb brick at costco for $13!! Grated cheese also freezes really well so you can divide it into individual baggies in your freezer, and just pull them out as needed!

I also just learned that smith's and kroger's are owned by the same company. So if you see an awesome kroger's deal, and are kicking yourself because you don't have a krogers, check yoour smith's ad and you might be lucky!

that's all for now folks. Get ready for a recipe on Recipes of a Cheapskate though! I've got some BBQ tonight, and a fresh fruit lasagna! (yes, I said fruit)

No comments: