CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Food Storage Friday

I've decided to add some new features to this blog. I realize I don't post very often, and it's all pretty random stuff anyway. Just me trying to make life better for my family! So, I thought I should have some theme days on the subjects I like to cover here. So far I have "Food Storage Friday".

Check here every friday for some Food Storage tips!

Today, I want to show off my splurge. Gamma Lids.


You can usually find these lids at any emergency preparedness store, but if you happen to live in an area that doesn't really have anything like that, you can find them online. And I know, they're kind of pricey aren't they? I paid $7.99 PER LID for these suckers! You can find them cheaper online, but I didn't think that far ahead, they were kind of a spur of the moment purchase for me.

What's great about these is how easy they are to use! They come apart into two pieces: the seal and the lid.


and you just hammer the seal onto your bucket, and twist the lid on! Easy as that! and it's a tight seal as well. The reason I love these, it because I've started storing lots of things in buckets and I don't want bugs to get into them! I keep flour in one bucket, sugar in another, packages of powdered sugar in another, and yet another keeps my pasta.

This way, I can buy things in bulk, like a 25lb bag of sugar, and store it so the bugs can't get it. I don't know if they're waterproof, and frankly, I hope I never have to find out! But these lids are a whole lot easier to use than the standard lids that come with the buckets. Go check them out! :)

1 comment:

Tami said...

Thank you for sharing these lids with us. I had no idea there was something like this. I'm definitely going to look into buying some of these,especially for our pasta storage!